Online Shopping and Curbside Pickup
Set Up Account
To get started with online shopping and curbside pick-up, create an account.
Grain Train Members: Your online shopping account can be connected to your existing membership profile. See instructions here: Grain Train Member Signup Instructions
Not a Member? Everyone is welcome! Register here: Create A Non-Member Account
- Orders must be placed by 12:00 midnight for next-day pick-up. If you are placing your order after 8:00 pm, please do not select the following day for pick-up.
- Pick-up times are available Monday through Sunday between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm in 4-hour blocks. You can select an available time at checkout.
- Payment may be made securely online or at your vehicle at the time of pickup. In-person payments via credit card or check are accepted. Sorry, we are unable to take cash curbside.
- After you select your payment method, you will still have a chance to review your cart and will still need to confirm your order by clicking the "Confirm Order" button highlighted in red below.
- There is a $4.95 fee for this service, which we are waiving temporarily while we are strictly requiring masks in our store.
- Curbside Pick-up at the Petoskey store only. Sorry, we do not do deliveries at this time.
- When you arrive, park in the Petrie Lot next to the store; there is a parking space dedicated to curbside pickup in the back row next to the blue fence.
- Call or text us at 231-838-6872 to let us know you are here.
- After you call or text, open the trunk or door of your car.
- If paying in person, place your credit card inside the open door with the numbers visible (we will not touch your card if it isn't necessary).
- Wait at least 6-feet away while we process your payment and load your groceries into your vehicle.
- When we have finished loading your groceries and step back, you may retrieve your card and close your trunk or door.
Out-of-Stocks and Substitutions
- Occasionally, we may be out of stock of one of the items you chose.
- Availability at the time of order is displayed on the item page but may change between the time your order is placed and when it is picked. If a substitute would be acceptable, we recommend that you allow substitutions in the cart.
- Unfortunately, we are only able to display product availability on the product's page. Availability will not display when browsing multiple items, in search results, or in your cart.
- Each product's page will indicate whether that product is 'In Stock,' 'On Order,' or 'Out of Stock'.
- By default, we do not substitute items. Click "Allow Substitutions" on the checkout page to indicate any items for which you'd be willing to accept a substitute.
Allow Substitutions for specific items:
Allow Substitutions for all items:
- On your shopping cart summary page, remember to add any notes to specific items or the whole order, especially if you have dietary restrictions you'd like us to consider when substituting.
- We'll find the closest substitutions possible.
- Online prices reflect real-time in-store prices. For each item, you will be charged the price that is displayed when you add the item to your cart, regardless of when you check out or schedule your pickup.
- Please keep in mind that when ordering weighted items, the order total shown online when you place your order is an estimate and the final weight of your items will vary slightly; we will do our best to get as close to your requested weight as possible. The exact price of each item will be printed on your receipt at pick-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Accounts and Login
Do I have to be a member?
Everyone is welcome! Just like our physical stores, you're welcome to use our curbside pickup option regardless of whether you are a member or not. If you are not a member, create an online account here to get started.
How can I make sure online purchases count toward my patronage rebate?
If you're an owner, simply follow the instructions here to link your online account to your membership profile. Make sure you're signed in when you place your orders, and they will count toward your total purchases for the year.
I'm a member, but when I follow the instructions to link my account, my phone number and/or email aren't found. What gives?
We may have outdated contact information for you. Email email@example.com and we will get this corrected for you!
Shopping and Ordering Online
How do I search for items?
Use the search bar at the top. You can search for a product type (i.e. "milk") or other key word. Or, use the top menu bar to browse by department. When looking at items, use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow the results.
Can I save an order to finish later?
Absolutely! Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you put in our cart will remain there until you checkout or remove the item. Be sure you are logged in, however, because items placed in your cart when you are not logged in will not be saved.
Can I request a specific ripeness for produce?
Yes! In your cart, you can click 'Add item instructions' for each item and type your request, like "green only" for bananas or "ready to use" for avocados.
Can I see which pickup times are still available before I build my whole cart?
Yes! If you add your first item to your cart, you can begin the checkout process and see available times. Just go to your cart, click checkout, and complete Step 1. In Step 2, click the radio button next to "Pickup at Store." Then, you'll be able to select your preferred date and view available times. Just click "Modify Cart" or any category from the site header to continue shopping.
How do I know my order went through?
After you click "Confirm Order," you should receive a confirmation email and/or text message.
Can I review my order once it's been placed?
You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select "Past Orders". Here, you can see an order you just placed as well as any previous orders, including, if you are a member, orders you purchased in-store. You can also easily duplicate a past order from this menu as well.
Oops! I submitted my order but forgot an item. Can I add it?
Sorry, we are unable to process add-ons to orders at this time. You are welcome to place another order for pickup the same day, or come into the store briefly to pick up your additional item(s). The ability to edit an order is coming soon!
Help! I paid online but it looks like my card is being charged twice (or more)!
Our online credit card processor usually does two pre-authorizations on your card - once when you place the order and again when our night crew finishes shopping your order. This can result in multiple pending charges appearing in your bank feed. Rest assured that only one charge, for the final amount, will actually go through; the pending charges will disappear shortly after you pick up your order and we close out the purchase.
Pickup and Payment
Where should I park?
We have a designated parking spot for curbside pickup, located at the back of the Petrie Lot to the right of our blue fence. If this space is occupied, park anywhere in the Petrie Lot and let us know where you are when you call or text.
Can I use my member 10% day with curbside?
Yes! When you use any payment method, just ask us to apply your discount when you pick up your order. If you pay online, your card will be pre-authorized for the full amount before the discount, but you'll only be charged for the discounted amount.
Do you accept tips?
We're so grateful for that sentiment! In order to minimize contact and because it takes so many people working behind the scenes to get your order to you, we are not accepting tips. If you'd like to express your thanks and "thank you" doesn't feel sufficient, you're welcome to round up your purchase to the nearest dollar to benefit area food pantries.
Still Have Questions? Contact Us
Main Store Phone: 231-347-2381
Curbside Pickup: 220 East Mitchell St