Food and Farm Micro-Loan
We are proud to continue partnering with Crosshatch, formerly known as ISLAND, to support the local food and farm economy by providing a thrid year of micro-loans for farmers and food entrepreneurs.
Who Can Apply
This is a pilot program that aims to enhance an existing local food or farming venture or to help start a new one within the counties of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otesgo. The ideal candidate will propose an idea that would boost a farm or food business and elevate the regions's local food system. Applicants using sustainable practices are strongly encouraged, but proposals are not limited to particular practices or scale.
Uses for Loan
- essential tools for the farm or food business
- materials, land, livestock or infrastructure essential to the operation
- marketing and distribution
- professional development
- value-added product production
- processing, packaging, marketing for farm products
- repayment varies depending on awards amount
- 0% interest rate
- no application fee
- There is no application fee.
- Deadline to apply is February 2019.
- Awards will be announced in March.
For More Information